TM 2005 Beta (rev 433) – Expiry.

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
Roberto Morales M.

TM 2005 Beta (rev 433) – Expiry.

Post by Roberto Morales M. »

:?: QUASI-BUG: How am I to understand that this version will expire in 21 days? What is going to happen after the expiry date? What am I supposed to do? Or, better off, what do you expect from me?

[Previous uninstalled version/revision had also validity deadline.]
I do not have ICQ, AIM or MSN. I have installed Netscape, Google and Yahoo but my server is TerraMex. That is, I only receive e-Mail through Terra.
Regards, R. Morales
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

Either a new beta will follow, or the final release. ;-)
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

HandsOff

Post by HandsOff »

I have a related question, or maybe even the same one.

I have been using the TextMaker2005 Beta trial...which I might add, I was only give 15 days to evaluate. I like it enough that I'd be willing to pay to register the product now to get the time limit removed. TextMaker2002 does not have the same features and I am not willing to pay for it and wait for TM2005.

On the otherhand, I would be willing to purchase TM2005 beta, with the understanding, obviously, that I be eligable for a free upgrade to the full version when it comes out.

I imagine that you might be hesitant to do this for fear that you would be innundated with customer support calls. I can only say from my experience thus far that I anticipate less problems with your Beta version, than my MS Word 2002. Right now Word is Uninstalled because it got corrupted and, frankly, I don't look forward to the long painfull process of intalling it, and trying to get it to accept my preferences.

The only other product I would consider is Word Perfect. Do you really want to force me into there camp?

- HandsOff
All I wanted was a reliable Word Processor. How did I end up with a DVD with over 2 GB's on it. I wasn't able to write much, but I did do alot of reading while it was loading :)
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

Before the current beta expires there will be another beta version (maybe the final beta). You don't have to install another word processor, as you will be able to use the next beta, and some time after (before this new beta expires) purchase the final release.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

HandsOff

Post by HandsOff »

Hello Tobias -

Well I guess that answers my questions. Glad to hear that you project a release in the near future. Sometimes waiting for the first release of new software can go on month after month. Thanks again.

- HandsOff
All I wanted was a reliable Word Processor. How did I end up with a DVD with over 2 GB's on it. I wasn't able to write much, but I did do alot of reading while it was loading :)

Return to “Water Cooler”