Using Windows 8.1

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
XL-Dennis

Using Windows 8.1

Post by XL-Dennis »

Perhaps it's my age that trick me or...

I was looking forward to use the free update Windows 8.1 and the return of the Start button.

Well, after some weeks I still wonder where the "great" Start button is located in Windows 8.1...

Let me know what Your experiences are and if You have found the "great" d***** button!
------------------------------------------------
Kind regards,
Dennis
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Using Windows 8.1

Post by sven-l »

I never worked with Windows 8.1 (only with Windows 8 so far) but it seems that the start button is only available in the desktop view, not in the tiles view.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
bbriley

Re: Using Windows 8.1

Post by bbriley »

XL-Dennis wrote:Perhaps it's my age that trick me or...

I was looking forward to use the free update Windows 8.1 and the return of the Start button.

Well, after some weeks I still wonder where the "great" Start button is located in Windows 8.1...

Let me know what Your experiences are and if You have found the "great" d***** button!
With Windows 8.1, as with Windows 8, I have benefited from using this very inexpensive utility: http://www.startisback.com/ - I have used it for over a year, and it is wonderful to have the Window 7 style start button back in place! Be sure to get the right Windows version for your download of this utility, however, as it will depend upon whether you are using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.
Bob Riley in New Mexico, USA - running Windows 8.1 Pro, 32-bit
---
I am here only to help. I am here to represent the One Who sent us.

Someday, we will ALL recognize that the above is true and that we are all connected to one another.

Return to “Water Cooler”