TextMaker integration with Evolution, KMail, Thunderbird

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
erika

TextMaker integration with Evolution, KMail, Thunderbird

Post by erika »

How can I integrate TextMaker with Evolution, KMail, Thunderbird as my default e-mail editor?
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

We're sorry for the late answer.
Do you want to use TextMaker as an email client or use it to edit emails?
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

erika

Post by erika »

I want to use TextMaker to edit emails.
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

You can use TextMaker to write documents and send these as an attachment via email. You cannot use TextMaker to edit or view your emails.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

erika

Post by erika »

I would love to see that.

Kind of integration between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word.

is this impossible?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

We'll have better e-mail integration in the future but it is too soon to talk about this in detail.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
erika

Post by erika »

At least, you can you take one of these open source e-mail clients and bundle it your office suite with each TextMaker release. This way we can talk about complete office, and complete integration.

*) TextMaker
*) PlanMaker
*) DataMaker
*) PresentationMaker (? - this is not announced yet...)
*) MailMaker (based on Evolution or KMail or ThunderBird or etc, though my preference is ThunderBird since it is cross platform) - or you can document your APIs via SDKs and communicate with these open source communities to enable integration with all of these e-mail clients so that you can avoid investing a product like MailMaker.

My 2 cents...
erika

Post by erika »

Corel Office began to include e-mail client based on Bloomba. :(

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 24914427#5

Collaborate with clients, coworkers, partners and investors with this powerful new email program!
Find any email message, attachment or contact with exceptional speed ... whether you use folders or not
Eliminate the hassle of managing online mailing lists, subscriptions and newsletters. RSS feeds are delivered to your inbox automatically, providing you with the latest headlines and news at your fingertips.
Organize, search and store your emails with unparalleled efficiency, while filtering out unwanted spam!
Includes a calendar, contact manager, spam protection and much more!
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

erika wrote:Corel Office began to include e-mail client based on Bloomba. :(

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 24914427#5

Collaborate with clients, coworkers, partners and investors with this powerful new email program!
Find any email message, attachment or contact with exceptional speed ... whether you use folders or not
Eliminate the hassle of managing online mailing lists, subscriptions and newsletters. RSS feeds are delivered to your inbox automatically, providing you with the latest headlines and news at your fingertips.
Organize, search and store your emails with unparalleled efficiency, while filtering out unwanted spam!
Includes a calendar, contact manager, spam protection and much more!
I wonder if that was a smart decision, now that Bloomba has been bought by Yahoo and is no longer available for sale... :wink:
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
erika

Post by erika »

Anyhow it is up to Corel, but integrating your favourite e-mail client with your favourite text editor is a solid requirement for anybody. E-mail is one of the most important means for communication today.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

erika wrote:Anyhow it is up to Corel, but integrating your favourite e-mail client with your favourite text editor is a solid requirement for anybody. E-mail is one of the most important means for communication today.
I agree and this will be reflected by our future offerings... :wink:
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
erika

Post by erika »

Cannot you bundle custom edition of ThunderBird e-mail client with your office suite?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

erika wrote:Cannot you bundle custom edition of ThunderBird e-mail client with your office suite?
We'd rather roll our own... :wink:
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Water Cooler”