Macro language

kalikusu

Macro language

Post by kalikusu »

Does PlanMaker Professional 2024 have Python Macro support on linux?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Macro language

Post by SuperTech »

No, we don't have BasicMaker/scripts for Linux.
kalikusu

Post by kalikusu »

Is scripting language support planned for Linux in the future?

What about freebasic?

This is critical as it is expected for serious spreadsheet use.

This feature is available on Gnumeric via Python3.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, there is no plan, but I have forwarded this improvement suggestion...
kalikusu

Post by kalikusu »

Targeting Windows OS for feature implementation in competition with MS Office has limited return as Windows Professional And Office Professional can be obtained for under USD $50.00.

The better option is literally a full fledged office software that can be purchased on a competing OS platform that is free such as Linux. Gnumeric on Linux is a free full fledged competitor to MS Office Excel. The only drawback is Python3 for macros requiring the learning of a new language and the interfacing between Gnumeric and Python3. Abiword on Linux is a free full fledged competitor to MS Word. The only limitation is hyperlinks not preserved in the exported PDF.

Hence a competing Office software that offers MS Office look and feel must also offer the macro support for the spreadsheet and any hyperlinks in exported PDF files on a free OS such as Linux.

Those on MS Windows are unlikely to opt for a competing office software when the cost to purchase the MS version is so low. Similarly for Apple.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

At least in the European Union, any $50 offer for Microsoft Office Professional is most likely an illegally imported copy which violates various laws. Sorry, we don't compete with illegal licenses

(I have removed the link in your post.)
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
kalikusu

Post by kalikusu »

It matters not where one is located on the planet, one can purchase the MS Windows and MS Office key after which one goes to the Windows site to download the software to install on a PC for the required localization. The software is activated using the keys purchased.

So there is no illegal copy as the software is downloaded from Microsoft website.

The URL provided above is just for MS Office. But there is also a URL from the same site to purchase the keys for both MS Windows and MS Office for USD $50.00
Last edited by kalikusu on Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

That's your opinion. Courts in the European Union see it differently. Google "first sale doctrine" in relation to the European Union.

But that is really completely off topic here, so I will not discuss this any further.

Warning: I have again removed the link from your last post. If you start posting links to sites promoting Microsoft Office again, I will consider you a spammer and kill your account.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker NX and 2024 for Linux”