libdpf.so.3 missing

Raid6

libdpf.so.3 missing

Post by Raid6 »

When I try to execute TextMaker NX (most current update available) I get the following error message:

Code: Select all

/usr/share/officenx/textmaker: error while loading shared libraries: libdpf.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This must have started happening withing the past 24 hours (from time of posting this) because I used TextMaker very recently. PlanMaker works just fine.

What should I do to resolve this?
Hook

Re: libdpf.so.3 missing

Post by Hook »

Raid6 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:13 pm When I try to execute TextMaker NX (most current update available) I get the following error message:

Code: Select all

/usr/share/officenx/textmaker: error while loading shared libraries: libdpf.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This must have started happening withing the past 24 hours (from time of posting this) because I used TextMaker very recently. PlanMaker works just fine.

What should I do to resolve this?
Same thing here. Worked fine until the update. I am on Manjaro and the update was made via the software updater in KDE, Same log message.
bgktepe

Post by bgktepe »

I've just installed softmaker-office-nx on Manbox Linux and got the same error in textmaker (not in planmaker).
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

We did not create the Manjaro package, so we are the wrong people to talk to. This is an independent package created by Manjaro. Can you get in touch with their package maintainer?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
bgktepe

Post by bgktepe »

Well it helps to remove the Manjaro-Package and install softmaker-office-nx via the *.gz download, then manually install per installofficenx-Script!
Then it works!
Hook

Post by Hook »

bgktepe wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:22 am Well it helps to remove the Manjaro-Package and install softmaker-office-nx via the *.gz download, then manually install per installofficenx-Script!
Then it works!
It also worked to uninstall and switch to the package from the AUR repository (although it's possible this is just coincidence and in fact the package was fixed).
Hook

Post by Hook »

martin-k wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:03 am We did not create the Manjaro package, so we are the wrong people to talk to. This is an independent package created by Manjaro. Can you get in touch with their package maintainer?
I do find this an oddly worded communication, but maybe it's just because I'm too new to Linux (been using it as a daily driver for about a year). You are a professional company selling closed source software. You support X number of distros where you recommend using their repositories for install. I assumed you provided them with the packages, but if not, I assume you have contacts with the package maintainers for your product. To just throw your hands up and say "not our problem" when something goes wrong--not even a "well forward this to the package manager"--seems surprising and, sorry, unprofessional.

I'm happy I was able to solve it (and pretty easily), but, intentional or not, I thought your reply was awfully dismissive.
Raid6

Post by Raid6 »

Indeed, it was a missing library and the fantastic team at Manjaro updated the release.

Thank you for your follow ups.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Hook wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:21 pm I do find this an oddly worded communication, but maybe it's just because I'm too new to Linux (been using it as a daily driver for about a year). You are a professional company selling closed source software. You support X number of distros where you recommend using their repositories for install. I assumed you provided them with the packages, but if not, I assume you have contacts with the package maintainers for your product. To just throw your hands up and say "not our problem" when something goes wrong--not even a "well forward this to the package manager"--seems surprising and, sorry, unprofessional.
Yeah, that wasn't all that great a reply. In the meantime, we have contacted Manjaro to make them aware of the situation, and it seems they have already fixed it.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Hook

Post by Hook »

martin-k wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:44 pm
Hook wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:21 pm I do find this an oddly worded communication, but maybe it's just because I'm too new to Linux (been using it as a daily driver for about a year). You are a professional company selling closed source software. You support X number of distros where you recommend using their repositories for install. I assumed you provided them with the packages, but if not, I assume you have contacts with the package maintainers for your product. To just throw your hands up and say "not our problem" when something goes wrong--not even a "well forward this to the package manager"--seems surprising and, sorry, unprofessional.
Yeah, that wasn't all that great a reply. In the meantime, we have contacted Manjaro to make them aware of the situation, and it seems they have already fixed it.
Indeed, and thank you!

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Linux”