Licence Definition of '5 Computers'?

Post here topics for SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Leigh

Licence Definition of '5 Computers'?

Post by Leigh »

Hi!

I have an nx universal license which says, 'For up to 5 computers and 5 mobile devices"

But how is this '5 computers' defined? - Is it based on the MAC address of the hardware or on the OS?

That matters to me as I have three laptops but dual boot with windows on two of them and the third one of them has 8 partitions on it where I play around with different linux OS's

Also, If I install it on one then does this permanently 'burn' one of my 5? For example, if I uninstall and OS with nx on it, can I then use that one license for another OS?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Licence Definition of '5 Computers'?

Post by SuperTech »

Leigh wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:51 pm But how is this '5 computers' defined? - Is it based on the MAC address of the hardware or on the OS?
Not just MAC address but it's a very complex server side algorithm which count number of licenses used.
Leigh wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:51 pm That matters to me as I have three laptops but dual boot with windows on two of them and the third one of them has 8 partitions on it where I play around with different linux OS's
Yes, for dual boot/multiple OS's, only one license will be used.
Leigh wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:51 pm For example, if I uninstall and OS with nx on it, can I then use that one license for another OS?
Yes

If you face any licensing related problem, please contact our technical support team support[at]softmaker.com with complete details.
Leigh

Re: Licence Definition of '5 Computers'?

Post by Leigh »

Brilliant, Thanks!

Return to “SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Linux (General)”