I want January 2 not one half

CountMountjoy

I want January 2 not one half

Post by CountMountjoy »

I have cell in a spreadsheet that is formatted as a date - 23-Dec-2023. I want to enter January 2, so I type “1/2” but PlanMaker (and now I see TextMaker as well) have decided to display ½

How do I shut off the helpful feature? I thought it might be in Insert→Smart text but I deleted all those entries a while ago
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: I want January 2 not one half

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your post. This is because of Autocorrection setting “Replace fractions (1/2) with a fraction character”.

To disable it, please click on ribbon command Review | Spelling group | Autocorrection | under option tab, uncheck “Replace fractions (1/2) with a fraction character” and click OK.
CountMountjoy

Post by CountMountjoy »

Thank you. It would be nice if it saw that a cell was formatted for a date and assumed I wanted a date not fraction.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

CountMountjoy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:22 am Thank you. It would be nice if it saw that a cell was formatted for a date and assumed I wanted a date not fraction.
Instead of the slash, try entering the date as 1-2-24 ("one-dash-two-dash-twentyfour")

No need to deprogram the autocorrect for the fraction "1/2"
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

CountMountjoy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:22 am It would be nice if it saw that a cell was formatted for a date and assumed I wanted a date not fraction.
There will be an improvement in the next service pack.

Return to “PlanMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”