Another feature request

Woody44

Another feature request

Post by Woody44 »

Actually, two feature requests.

In my non-working time, I have written and published several books. I belong to multiple web forums for writers, and I'm fairly active on one of them. There appears to be a lot of interest in both text-to-speech (being able to have the word processor read back what you have written audibly) and also speech-to-text (dictation). Microsoft Word has offered text-to-speech since at least Word 2019; dictation is currently available, but only in the Microsoft 365 subscription version.

I know there have been previous discussions about implementing text-to-speech in the Mac version of TextMaker. I would like to request that both text-to-speech and speech-to-text be added in all versions. Since my computers run Windows, that's the platform I am most interested in.

Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Another feature request

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your post. Good news for you is that we already have text-to-speech and speech-to-text available in TextMaker.

To use text-to-speech, please click on ribbon command Review | Speech | and press Speak button. You will get a text-to-speech dialog in which you can change the settings and start text-to-speech.

To use speech-to-text, please start dictation of Windows while cursor is in text edit area, you will be able to do the dictation without any problem.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Thank you. How do I access text-to-speech using the classic menu?
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

Classic menu: Tools > Text to speech
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Thank you!!!

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”