Suggestion: UI variation

Hook

Suggestion: UI variation

Post by Hook »

I'm curious why you don't have a variation of the red-trim UI for the Classic Menus and Buttons UI. It looks nice in the ribbon version, but I do still prefer classic menus.

Yes, I know this is very trivial in the scheme of things, so probably low Priority. However, since you have matched the two other Ribbon Interfaces, I'm guessing it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Thanks.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Suggestion: UI variation

Post by miguel-c »

I have forwarded your suggestion
Hook

Post by Hook »

Just bumping this.

I know you said you sent it to developers. I'm just hoping that creating the skin where Textmker is framed in red and Planmaker is framed in Green, like the ribbon skins, is not really that hard to do for the button UIs. I want the classic menus, but the dark skin is too ugly and the light skin is to plain. It's just aesthetics, not practical getting the work done stuff, I know. But it's important to me. :D

Though maybe that now that things aren't so crazy as at release time, someone might look more at this. If not, I'll stop bugging you.

Thanks for such a great office suite.

Cheers!
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

I have to disagree.

Note to SoftMaker: The classic menus are PERFECT. Here is the United States we have a saying: 'If it ain't broke -- don't fix it."
Hook

Post by Hook »

Woody44 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:09 am I have to disagree.

Note to SoftMaker: The classic menus are PERFECT. Here is the United States we have a saying: 'If it ain't broke -- don't fix it."
Woody, I think you are misunderstanding what I am asking for. I use and love classic menus as well. I'm not asking for changes to actual UI method, simply asking for a third skin that offers a color frame rather than the choice of just a light frame or a dark frame.

Trust me. Turning 71 next month. Have no interest in ribbons. ;-)
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

If it's offered as a THIRD "skin" option -- which I can ignore -- then I'm okay with it. I would NOT be okay with replacing the current light theme for the classic menu.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Why don't you set the window title bar color in the Windows Control Panel to a more appealing color than gray and white? This would affect most Windows applications, not just SoftMaker Office.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Hook

Post by Hook »

martin-k wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:38 am Why don't you set the window title bar color in the Windows Control Panel to a more appealing color than gray and white? This would affect most Windows applications, not just SoftMaker Office.
If this is your way of saying "no," okay, no big deal. It just seems like you have three skins for the ribbon an two for classic menus.The Classic menus and ribbon light and dark menus are basically the same skins applied to the differing UIs. I was simply hoping it would be easy to take the third skin and apply it to classic menus UI.

Oh, well. I'll stop bothering people. :roll: ;)
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

That's not a way of saying no, but more like "Have you considered this quick solution?"
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Hook

Post by Hook »

martin-k wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:45 pm That's not a way of saying no, but more like "Have you considered this quick solution?"
I appreciate that, but making a system wide change to Windows (and Linux) is not a solution to a simple skinning request. :) But thank you... I didn't mean to be rude,

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”