TextMaker crushes

Neno

TextMaker crushes

Post by Neno »

Hi, program crushes on Search & Replace box. This happened before, in beta version, as well. 'Search for the element and replace all' crushes the program. Please, fix this.

Than you
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: TextMaker crushes

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. But, I am unable to reproduce this problem even after several tries with different documents. When you open TextMaker after a crash, it will give you a dialog to submit a crash report. Please fill that form and submit the report so that our developer team can check it.

I have checked our records and currently there is no crash report submitted from your email ID.

I have requested the same during Beta but didn't receive any report from your side till now.
Neno

Post by Neno »

Hi, unfortunately, there was no crash report dialogue, neither time (with the Search & replace box). What happens is, the cursors starts to blink and program goes on in that state as long as I touch it. Than it says not responding. After that I'm forced to shut it down via task manager.

The problem is that it does not happen every time, it’s not a default error, but when it does, I cannot work with Search and replace box, as I use it a lot.

Also, last time (Sat, Jun 03, 2023.) I reported this crush on a situation when "Justify paragraph" button was clicked. That time there was a crash report dialogue, which I filled up and sent, but you said there was no such a dialogue associated with my ID.

Thanks
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Neno wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:42 am The problem is that it does not happen every time, it’s not a default error, but when it does, I cannot work with Search and replace box, as I use it a lot.
If it's happening with some specific documents, please share a sample document with screenshot so that we can check.

For private file, please send it to forum[at]softmaker.com with the link of this post.

Please also check if it's happening when some specific application/security software is running in the background.
Neno

Post by Neno »

Hi, it happened again. There is nothing specific with the document that I can report. It’s just a larger amount of text (28 pages) copied from another Word document and saved as a new .doc.(this is another .doc, not the same as the first time). Here is the screenshot and a video.

Screenshot: https://1drv.ms/i/s!Aj224Rsr4kY6poN-n0u ... g?e=hkyXrs

Video file: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aj224Rsr4kY6poN7EB4 ... g?e=51JZIm

And there was no crash report dialogue.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

This is not a crash, but a program hang because the program is still there, just not reacting. And this is why you get no crash report.

You need to provide the file(s) and step-by-step instructions so that we can try to reproduce the problem. You can e-mail the files to forum (at) softmaker.de and reference this thread.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”