A repeat request for future versions

Post here topics for SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Woody44

A repeat request for future versions

Post by Woody44 »

Some time ago I made a request for Softmaker Office to add a database module, to allow SoftMaker Office to compete more equally with Microsoft Office and LibreOffice (and OpenOffice). The reply I received then was that TextMaker includes a database function.

Well, yes, it does. But it's extremely limited, and reading the user manual it's clear that the database function isn't intended for doing much other than maintaining a mailing list for mail merge operations. And yet, from something I read on the Internet, apparently several years ago SoftMaker published a database program. What happened to it?

We use Microsoft Office where I work, and I have used Access to develop small databases to help streamline our transition from paper records to all digital. Similarly, I have used LibreOffice Base to develop a database for personal use at home. I would very much like to put all my eggs in the SoftMaker Office basket but, without a real database, I can't. I have to maintain either Access or Base (or one of the really complicated stand-alone database packages that would take me decades to learn) for when I need to create a database. And it's a dillemma because I prefer Base for setting up the database and forms, but I can't make the report function work properly to save my life. Conversely, Access isn't as easy to set up, but the form design and report design are superior to Base.

How about it, SoftMaker? Can you dust off that old database program and include it with the next major version of SoftMaker Office?
Last edited by Woody44 on Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: A repeat request for future versions

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, there is no plan for it, but I have forwarded the improvement suggestion...

Return to “SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows (General)”