wish this had more templates and clip art

Post here topics for SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
hellosoftmaker

wish this had more templates and clip art

Post by hellosoftmaker »

Greetings:

I'm just a casual new user of Softmaker, and I am signed up for the annual most recent and updated features, so please keep that in mind. As the subject suggests, I would like more festive templates and clip art available in general. I noticed I can log into here, https://create.microsoft.com/en-us , but it's a pain because I have to log in separately with Microsoft, look through some limited choices, and copy it paste it from there into Textmaker. I noticed so far you have one template for a Christmas letter, but wish you had more options available, especially for general seasons and reasons. I see you sell fonts, which is interesting, but not necessarily decorations to use in your platform. Hope this feedback is helpful. If anyone knows other programs that you think I might be looking for instead, feel free to chime in. I'm really looking for programs that are on a budget like Softmaker is.

Sincerely,
Hellosoftmaker
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: wish this had more templates and clip art

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your valuable feedback. You can download any template/document of MS-Word from any preferred website and then use it with TextMaker without any problem.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

The Internet is full of templates. Most of them are worth what they cost.

Seriously. As a self-published author, I have long since lost count of how many "expert" templates I have downloaded for preparing books for print. Probably not into the hundreds, but certainly several dozen, at least. In the end, they were all useless and I have created my own templates for books in various trim sizes.

Rather than expend time, energy and resources on creating templates that most users will never need, I would much prefer that the developers of SoftMaker Office continue to focus on improving the program. For example, I think a robust grammar checker for the English language would be more useful to more users and should have a higher priority than templates. Improving the exchange of files between TextMaker and users of Microsoft Word should also be a very high priority.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

I agree with Woody44. Templates are just a minor convenience. I would prefer to if SM focus on improving their suite. Grammar checker for non-german languages would be great, as well as better document support for LibreOffice and MS. LibreOffice document support is specially lacking, and it is a shame, since as a document format is much more clean, and better standardized than MS's format. For one, a odt looks the same in LO in any OS. That's something MS has not be able to fully archive of yet.

Return to “SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows (General)”