Oversize window

lgsl

Oversize window

Post by lgsl »

Presentations when it starts have a huge window size that can not be resized. It is so big that it does not even fit en any of my screens.
If the window is maximized then the window fits to the screen size, but if unmaximized then goes back to its previews (non-rezisable) size.

Here is a screenshot of the information provided by the window manager (see attachment). As you can see that minimum size prevents me from making the window smaller.

Window manager used: Enlightenment 0.22.99.0
Attachments
shot-2023-04-10_14-30-11.jpg
shot-2023-04-10_14-30-11.jpg (19.4 KiB) Viewed 4691 times
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Oversize window

Post by raitis.veksejs »

Do other programs of SoftMaker Office run in normal size and it is the problem with Presentations only? Can you send us sminfo.txt file using a private message?
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

I have tried and indeed I can reproduce this issue with other Softmaker Programs, however only in Enlightenment.
In other desktops like KDE the window is indeed over sized the first time you run it (without a previous config), but windows can be resized.
After Softmaker office is ran in a different window manager and the window is resized there, everything seems to work fine in Enlightenment. I imagine the issue could be related to how E manages multiple screens/desktops.

Where should I send the sminfo?

Update:
If external screens are turned off in Enlightenment, the issue is gone. This makes me think something is off with the way SM calculates their window sizes.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

This is still a problem in the new beta.
The way SoftMaker Office calculates window sizes when one is using multiple monitors is incorrect. It assumes that the entire space (both monitors) is the correct size. If the external monitor is unplugged or disables vida randr SO calculates minimum window sizes correctly.
I'm attaching the sminfo.txt
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(335 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

1109 is also affected.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

We are unable to reproduce this problem under multiple monitors environment also. Please resize the window, close it, and then check by opening it again.

If this problem still persists, please share a screen recording for better understanding.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

The problem only occurs when you use Enlightenment as Window Manager and a multi-monitor setup and there is not a previous SoftMaker folder/config available.
The window can not be resized since, as shown in the initial screenshot, SO tells Enlightenment that the window size has a minimum value that equals the current value. Enlightenment does honor the ICCCM protocol, so the window can not be downsized. The only work-around consists in temporality disable external monitors, then run SO.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

lgsl wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:05 pm Enlightenment does honor the ICCCM protocol, so the window can not be downsized.
Thanks for the additional information. This is a problem with the third party software which you are using, so please contact their support or forum for this issue.

Return to “BETA Presentations 2024 for Linux”