Not fully Excel compatible

mjs_28s

Not fully Excel compatible

Post by mjs_28s »

"This lets you edit your documents in Microsoft Office directly and without conversion." Nope.

"Compatible with Excel. No compromises." Nope.

"Your Microsoft Excel alternative for all cases" All cases? Literally for the last 16 years, no even though I have asked for the features to be added as did a number of other people in the forums with either new comments or adding onto my requests.

The very first thing I tried was a function that is at least 2 years old in Excel....no go.

Also, Going clear back to Plan Maker 2008 people have been asking for the ability to get stock and market data yet 16 years later and still not a feature.

The one thing that keeps me from coming over and I am sure a number of others. I just cannot be leaving my Excel documents and Google Docs with financial market data grabbing features behind.

I don't want to have to try to code something in a script or macro. BUILD IT IN! It has been over a decade and a half since it was first brought up, almost certainly by me.

I really want to get away from MS Excel and Google Docs is just ugly...functional but not nice to look at.

Installed Beta. Ran it for 2 minutes to try to pull in stock data with old excel functions, didn't work. Searched NX Manual for 'stock" "price" 'quotes", etc. and got nothing.

Uninstalled after 4 minutes total. Beautiful software GUI that I want to look at every day but just cannot due to a few missing things that should have been coded in many years ago.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Not fully Excel compatible

Post by miguel-c »

Thank you for your feedback on the latest version of SoftMaker Office. We understand your concerns regarding compatibility with Microsoft Office and the absence of requested features, such as retrieving stock and market data.

As a company with limited resources, we prioritize customer feedback and strive to implement requested features to the best of our abilities. However, due to technical and resource constraints, immediate implementation may not always be possible.
mjs_28s

Re: Not fully Excel compatible

Post by mjs_28s »

I understand that things can't be immediately dealt with, but again, this is 16 years.

Return to “BETA PlanMaker 2024 for Windows”