Scrolling multiple pages

Devonboy78

Scrolling multiple pages

Post by Devonboy78 »

When scrolling through documents with multiple pages, the page counter at the bottom of the screen doesn't update as you scroll, only when you click on text on a page. This makes it difficult to know which page you are scrolling over. Far better if the page counter could be updated automatically as you scroll
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Scrolling multiple pages

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. I have forwarded this improvement suggestion to our product management.
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

A word processor application has not the behaviour of a book or a PDF viewer, where the current page is shown.
TextMaker shows the page of the caret position and also MS Word does.

I think, the behaviour is correct like it is.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Devonboy78 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:48 am When scrolling through documents with multiple pages, the page counter at the bottom of the screen doesn't update as you scroll, only when you click on text on a page. This makes it difficult to know which page you are scrolling over. Far better if the page counter could be updated automatically as you scroll
Word doesn't work that way, either. LibreOffice Writer does. Apple Pages (the on-line version) doesn't provide any indication of page. I'd say it's a toss-up which way is "better."
dlezo@hotmail.com

Post by dlezo@hotmail.com »

The idea of any product is to make it easy and logical to the user, in other words, a common sense approach. So, if you are scrolling through 100 pages and the page counter doesn't update, does that make sense? Does that make it easier for the user? Textmaker should stand out from other word processors on the market, so yes, it should auto update in my opinion.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

When you drag the scrollbar, there is a tooltip showing the "current" page with "current" meaning the scroll position. So you have that there.

The status bar shows the page of the caret.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Windows”