Read Aloud

Devonboy78

Read Aloud

Post by Devonboy78 »

I have found [in Textmaker Beta 2024NX (under Windows)] that under the Review tab is Speak. Highlighting some text, and clicking on Speak opens small window with simple controls. Clicking on the play icon causes the text to be read out. However selected text in a text frame does NOT get read out
The Speak option is also available in Planmaker Beta 2024 NX where you can set it to read a selection by row or by column.
Speak is NOT available in Presentations Beta 2024 NX.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Read Aloud

Post by miguel-c »

1. It's intentional that TextMaker doesn't speak the contents of text boxes, the same as MS Word.
No objects like text boxes, footnotes, comments, etc. should be read. We need to implement an error message instead of nothing happening. If you right-click the text box and convert it to an embedded object it will be read out loud.
2. Yes, Presentations does not yet support the Speak function.
Devonboy78

Re: Read Aloud

Post by Devonboy78 »

Thanks for your help. Yes, an error message would be helpful, I had spent some time trying to get it to read text in a text frame before I concluded it couldn't. There appears to be nothing about 'Speak' or 'Read' in Help file or manual even under the Review section, so presumably this will be included in an update.
Overall I am very pleased with the way Beta 2024 NX works

Return to “BETA SoftMaker Office 2024 for Windows (general)”