Major Typing Slowdown

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

lawrencegoodman

Major Typing Slowdown

Post by lawrencegoodman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:51 pm

I am using this on an NEC Powermate 990, and in just a plain text document, there is a huge delay between what I type and when it appears on the screen. Characters get skipped over. It renders the application completely unuseable to me.

Too bad because this is a fabulous word processor.

Thanks.

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:16 am

Please try to turn off the background spell checker and try to zoom in (eg 150% instead of 50% zoom level). This way TextMaker doesn't have to reformat a too large area.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

lawrencegoodman

Post by lawrencegoodman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:14 am

Well yes, if I zoom to 150 percent and turn off background spell checker along with all other features checking what I type (i.e. autotype), then it sort of works. But I have a very small screen on my machine so I really can't work at a 150 percent zoom. Is this just something I would have to live with if I purchased this product or are you planning some kind of fix?

Thanks

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:13 am

It seems like reformatting is very slow on your machine (either slow CPU or low on RAM). The smaller the area for viewing is, the less TextMaker has to reformat when typing in characters.
You can try to go to 100% zoom, so you find a reasonable zoom level to work with. Additionally, fit to margin may be very helpful when typing in text.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:44 am

It would be interesting to find out if there are (a) background applications running that take significant CPU time and (b) if your RAM is so full or so fragmented that TextMaker needs to spend significant time moving memory blocks around.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Handheld PCs”