Restore Issue

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

mcarter

Restore Issue

Post by mcarter » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:01 am

I use a NEC MobilePro 900c and, with the addition of TextMaker, Plan Maker and a USB stick, it makes a great alternative to a laptop. However, the 900c periodically "forgets" its USB port and the only solution is to do a hard reset and restore. This is not a problem in the office as I can restore in 5 minutes from a desktop machine and everything works OK. It should not be a problem when I am out of the office as I can do a restore from a compact flash card (using bUSEFUL Backup Plus). Unfortunately, everything restores OK from the compact flash card except for TextMaker and PlanMaker - they show up as generic program icons and attempts to open them result in a message that they are not Windows CE programs. I'm assuming something critical does not get restored? Also tried EzBackup with the same result.

Any ideas or workarounds?

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:10 am

So did you install our software to this USB storage or to internal memory? Most of the time it's best to install to a storage card (or the USB storage device) and start up the software from this storage device.

I don't know much about the backup programs you use, so I can only give some hints to you.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mcarter

Post by mcarter » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:12 am

Thanks for the response. I installed SoftMaker Office in my internal memory as I understood it may run slowly if installed in a compact flash card or USB drive?

When you install on a compact flash card, is everything needed installed on the compact flash card? If so, I'll give it a go.

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:48 am

Installing to a CF card is as fast as the internal memory. So please give it a try.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mcarter

Post by mcarter » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:01 am

Tobias-L wrote:Installing to a CF card is as fast as the internal memory. So please give it a try.
Thanks - that seems to work fine when it is installed on the CF card.

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Handheld PCs”