Fields lost and education pricing

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

mcarter

Fields lost and education pricing

Post by mcarter » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:46 am

Just installed the trial version of TextMaker on my MobilePro and I am very impressed with the functionality possible in such a small footprint - all with quite reasonable speed. The change tracking function is brilliant, allowing me to edit student papers and coauthored manuscripts on the run. Great work!

A couple of questions. We use EndNote (a bibliographic program) and the fields are lost once a document is opened in TextMaker and moved back to Word on the desktop machine. Not a deal breaker as I just need to remember to unformat the EndNote fields (turn them into plain text markers) on the desktop machine before I move the file to TextMaker. However, I was wondering if there is a way to preserve the fields?

There appears to be academic pricing for the desktop versions but not for the Windows CE version. I was wondering why?

Tobias-L

Re: Fields lost and education pricing

Post by Tobias-L » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:39 am

mcarter wrote:We use EndNote (a bibliographic program) and the fields are lost once a document is opened in TextMaker and moved back to Word on the desktop machine. Not a deal breaker as I just need to remember to unformat the EndNote fields (turn them into plain text markers) on the desktop machine before I move the file to TextMaker. However, I was wondering if there is a way to preserve the fields?
This may be possible for a future version. I just added it to the feature request list and forwarded it to our developers.
mcarter wrote:There appears to be academic pricing for the desktop versions but not for the Windows CE version. I was wondering why?
We have academic pricing for desktop Windows and Linux only. However, you can contact our sales team at sales(at)softmaker.de and ask for the pricing.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Handheld PCs”