Help File

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Kardia Stokes

Help File

Post by Kardia Stokes » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:17 am

I was able on the beta version of the new Office 2006 for WinCE to copy the Help file (Index, Search etc) across from the desktop version - can't do this with the new version any more? It keeps saying it's not an application file .. To have access to help 'on the fly' is the only solution to copy the full manual then onto the CF card?

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:11 am

You mean the .chm file, right? This is a desktop chm file and we haven't tested it of it works on a CE device, too. Please use the PDF file on the CE device using a PDF reader.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Kardia Stokes

help file

Post by Kardia Stokes » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:27 am

Hi, and thanks. But PDF reader? My Jorn 720 doesn't seem to be able to read this file, i.e. the Manual proper.
You see, somehow I had managed to get this other CHM file across and actually also use it, but now, since installing the new, not the beta version of CE, I can't manage to do this again, great pity. And I can't explain why? Did this installation do something to the desktop version as well, i.e. changed this help file?

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:34 am

You installed a bundled version of Windows CE and desktop Windows, so you installed for both platforms at the same time.
Please download a PDF reader (is Adobe Reader for Windows CE available?) and download the PDF manual from our website.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Kardia Stokes

Post by Kardia Stokes » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:41 am

Hi, and thanks for your patience.
Pdf readers for Jornada 720/8 are v pricey, and the ubook CHM file reader doesn't work for this Help File (I've tried it meanwhile).
What works: To copy the manual across, save the pdf manual it as .txt file and then read it thru the Explorer Program on the Jornada (has nicer layout than reading it as plain txt file). It is quite irksome tho, even with using ctrl+F via index and page numbers.
Perhaps, as AGAIN, I had been able before to copy this CHM file across from the desktop and actually use it as a TM file on the Jornada through OPEN, file, it would be possible to include this in one of the upcoming service packs? It would be an immense help as the new, wonderful but slightly more complex features such as Drawings, Frames, and Comments require me to look up Help frequently until I'm more accustomed to it.
Cheers,

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:42 am

A .chm file is not a file format TextMaker should be able to open. Maybe TextMaker may accidentally be able to open the CHM file, but it's not supposed to work.
We're sorry, but we can only offer a PDF manual and .chm manual at the moment.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Handheld PCs”