is TextMaker (also PlanMaker) USB flash drive-friendly?

Help for TextMaker 2002 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

JadeShadow

is TextMaker (also PlanMaker) USB flash drive-friendly?

Post by JadeShadow » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:12 am

i am wondering if TextMaker (as well as PlanMaker) for the Windows desktop platform is a "self-contained" program?

when i say "self-contained," i would mean that it doesnt need much settings, and/or shared files to run...

if this were the case, then can we say that it is "usb flash-drive friendly"?

wherein i would just install them to a USB flash drive, detach the drive, drive down to the nearest Net cafe, plugin the drive, and still use the over there?

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:37 am

Well, this is possible. TextMaker and PlanMaker normally save settings in My Documents\SoftMaker\Settings, but you can delete this folder afterwards. If the folder doesn't exist it gets created the first time you start up our software.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

JadeShadow

Post by JadeShadow » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:38 am

Tobias-L wrote:Well, this is possible. TextMaker and PlanMaker normally save settings in My Documents\SoftMaker\Settings, but you can delete this folder afterwards. If the folder doesn't exist it gets created the first time you start up our software.
through a special platform upgrade - i now have the Windows-version installed in my 256MB USB flash drive...

so, when i go to an internet cafe or something, all i do is plugin my Axim (through Card Export II); and have a full word processor and spreadsheet app... then i can work through the files stored in my axim...

thanks!!!

Return to “TextMaker 2002 for Windows”