Uninstall TextMaker from Windows PC On ly?

Help for TextMaker 2002 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

J-Mac

Uninstall TextMaker from Windows PC On ly?

Post by J-Mac » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:08 pm

I decided that while I like both TM and PM on my Axim, I don't really like the Windows PC version. However when I try to uninstall TM or PM from my PC, it insists that I connect my device so it can uninstall it there, also.

I don't want to just delete program files, as the default file association icon may remain.

How can I just uninstall from my PC but leave them on my Pocket PC?
J-Mac

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:21 am

It would be best to do the uninstall of both the Pocket PC and the Windows version. Then you can install again, but this time you install the Pocket PC version only (do a custom install).
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

J-Mac

Post by J-Mac » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:27 am

Tobias-L wrote:It would be best to do the uninstall of both the Pocket PC and the Windows version. Then you can install again, but this time you install the Pocket PC version only (do a custom install).
I guess I can do that, Tobias, but are you telling me that I cannot uninstall without connecting my device?

What would I do I my device fell into the river, or a leprechaun ran off with it? :) I then would not be able to uninstall from the PC? That seems a little odd.

Thanks
J-Mac

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:34 am

There are still some other ways to uninstall the software, but it's best to do it with the uninstaller.
Uninstalling manually is more work than uninstalling via the uninstaller and reinstalling the Pocket PC version only.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

J-Mac

Post by J-Mac » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:43 am

Tobias-L wrote:There are still some other ways to uninstall the software, but it's best to do it with the uninstaller.
Uninstalling manually is more work than uninstalling via the uninstaller and reinstalling the Pocket PC version only.
OK, but I still think that's a big boo-boo. They should never be linked permanently like that. Someone really COULD lose their device, and SoftMaker then provides no uninstaller that works. Not a good plan at all.
J-Mac

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:51 am

As we said, there are other ways to uninstall the software, but as you have the possibility to uninstall with the uninstaller we recommend to do so.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2002 for Windows”