Captions and cross-references (or lack thereof)

Help for TextMaker 2002 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

mars

Captions and cross-references (or lack thereof)

Post by mars » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:45 pm

I just noticed what seems to be an omission of a feature (or I can't find it), which is captions for figures and ability to cross-reference figures from the text. This is a feature that MSWord and Open Office both have. If this is true, then I won't be able to use TM for some projects I had intended.

Also, I noticed that TM doesn't seem to be compressing a graphics intensive file. MSWord and OpenOffice are both around 200K and TM comes in at 4.3M or so.

Thanks. . .

Tobias-L

Re: Captions and cross-references (or lack thereof)

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:37 pm

mars wrote:I just noticed what seems to be an omission of a feature (or I can't find it), which is captions for figures and ability to cross-reference figures from the text. This is a feature that MSWord and Open Office both have. If this is true, then I won't be able to use TM for some projects I had intended.
This is already on our wish list for future versions of TextMaker. :-)
mars wrote:Also, I noticed that TM doesn't seem to be compressing a graphics intensive file. MSWord and OpenOffice are both around 200K and TM comes in at 4.3M or so.
Currently TextMaker 2002 compresses images to PNG format, while TextMaker 2005 will preserve the image compression.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2002 for Windows”