Spell Checking

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Linux and FreeBSD

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

devsen

Spell Checking

Post by devsen » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi,

I have just downloaded the trial version and am so far impressed. I needed the commenting feature of Word which Open Office does not have so this is ideal. However when try to run the spell checker the box appears with the misspelt word and there is message saying searching... but nothing else happens, no suggested words are displayed in the box?

Any help would be highly appreciated thanks - Dev

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Spell Checking

Post by sven-l » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:49 am

devsen wrote:Hi,

I have just downloaded the trial version and am so far impressed. I needed the commenting feature of Word which Open Office does not have so this is ideal. However when try to run the spell checker the box appears with the misspelt word and there is message saying searching... but nothing else happens, no suggested words are displayed in the box?

Any help would be highly appreciated thanks - Dev
Hello,

I tried to reproduce the error with TextMaker 2006 (Trial Version) under Suse Linux 10.3.
The spellcheck works without any problems. Does the problem appear with every word you type in or just with some special words?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

devsen

Post by devsen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:10 pm

hi, Thanks for getting back. I think I know the problem. The spell checker is OK but I think it has difficulty suggesting corrections for words it is totally unable to recognize. I think it could not suggest correction for "dsintinhgushing". But that's OK it at least spots the word so I can manually correct it.

Thanks again - Dev

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:33 pm

Unfortunately, TextMaker's spell checker isn't very good in offering suggestions if many letters in a word are scrambled or missing, or if the first two or three letters of a word are affected. Hopefully there will be further improvements.

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Linux and FreeBSD”