A couple of technical questions

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Linux and FreeBSD

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

carandol

A couple of technical questions

Post by carandol » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:37 pm

I'm thinking of buying TextMaker, but have a couple of questions first. In Word and OpenOffice Writer, I can type two minus signs -- and have them turn automatically into a long hyphen. Anyone know if this is possible in TextMaker, and if so, how? Also, is there any plan to allow it to save OpenOffice Writer files, as well as loading them. I'd rather not encourage MS to remain the industry standard file type if there's an open source alternative :-)
carandol

Tobias-L

Re: A couple of technical questions

Post by Tobias-L » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:09 am

carandol wrote:I'm thinking of buying TextMaker, but have a couple of questions first. In Word and OpenOffice Writer, I can type two minus signs -- and have them turn automatically into a long hyphen. Anyone know if this is possible in TextMaker, and if so, how?
You can create a smart text entry, which turns -- into a long hyphen. This will work just fine.
carandol wrote:Also, is there any plan to allow it to save OpenOffice Writer files, as well as loading them. I'd rather not encourage MS to remain the industry standard file type if there's an open source alternative :-)
Currently you can only open OOo Writer files, but we already work on export filters. These will be part of an upcoming service pack (free for TextMaker 2006 users). However, we don't have a fixed release date yet.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:16 am

Also, Ctrl+Minus on the numeric keypad gives you an endash, and Ctrl+Alt+Minus on the numeric keypad gives you an emdash.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

carandol

Re: A couple of technical questions

Post by carandol » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Cool - thanks for the info!
carandol

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Linux and FreeBSD”