paste special

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Linux and FreeBSD

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

pauljones

paste special

Post by pauljones » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:48 am

Hoping someone can help with a problem when pasting text copied from the internet. Software is Textmaker 2006 for Linux, Rev 458. When I copy text from a web page, I lose the blank lines that separate paragraphs. The 'paste special' in TextMaker for Linux gives me two choices (Unformatted text unicode and Unformatted text). Both drop the blank lines when text is pasted. TextMaker for Windows gives a third option, Formatted text (HTML) and that keeps the blank line. Thought it might just be something with Linux, but Linux OpenOffice 2.0 also gives an HTML choice in their paste special and keeps the blank line.

The 'workaround' for me at this point is to save the text as an rtf file and then insert it into TextMaker. Like TextMaker enough to do this but would be really helpful just to do a direct paste.

A file to use that illustrates the problem is http://www.pjclinic.com/sample.txt

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:59 pm

I can reproduce this issue. I will send a bug report to the developers.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

pauljones

re paste special

Post by pauljones » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:06 pm

Thanks. Will look forward to version with problem fixed. In the meantime, BTW, found another workaround. Using crossover office to run textmaker for Windows in Linux; doesn't look pretty but works.

pauljones

continuing clipboard problem

Post by pauljones » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:10 pm

Just downloaded and installed the new service pack for linux textmaker but unfortunately the problem with lines in the clipboard is still evident.

Is a "fix" for this problem still in the works?

pj

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:37 am

This bug report is still open and not yet fixed. I will inform you as soon as this bug was fixed by the developers.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Linux and FreeBSD”