Missing column lines in table when document is opened in Word

EricC

Missing column lines in table when document is opened in Word

Post by EricC »

If you open the document in TM2021 (created in TM2021), you'll see the lines separating the columns. If you open document in Word (Word 365 is what I am using), the lines separating the columns are missing.
Attachments
TableTest.docx
(14.97 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Missing column lines in table when document is opened in Word

Post by SuperTech »

There are options to display Table guidelines and text frames in TextMaker and Word. In TextMaker it's enabled by default, but not in Word.

In TextMaker you can check it by clicking on ribbon command File | Options | View tab | "Table guidelines" as shown in the screenshot below:
Table guidelines(TM21).png
In MS-Word, you can check this by clicking on File> Options > Advanced > "Show document content" > "Show text boundaries" as shown in the screenshot below:
Text boundaries(Word).png
EricC

Post by EricC »

Hello,

If you look at the attached image, you will see your suggestion with show text boundaries is not really an option. I did not use to have this problem with previous versions of TM when saving in a Word format. Unfortunately it looks like a regression.

Thanks for your help.
TableTest.PNG
TableTest.PNG (4.79 KiB) Viewed 2370 times
EricC

Post by EricC »

Doing some more digging, I looked at one of my old documents where the column lines are showing in Word. In this document, I was using a table style from the Grid section. In the sample I submitted, I am using a table style from the List section. So the issue looks to be with table styles in the List section as when I switched to a table style in the grid section, everything looks as expected in Word.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

List section table styles are actually without visible column lines, so if you want to see column lines also, please select grid section of table styles or any style with column lines.

TextMaker displays the table helper lines when the option is enabled and a line inside the table is set to 'none' like in style you selected.

They are not printed, they just show the cells in TextMaker to help you. If you don't like them, you can disable them in TextMaker without any problem.
EricC

Post by EricC »

Thanks for the information and the help!

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”