Printing

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

lark

Printing

Postby lark » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:20 pm

I did a search and found that the answer to whether it is possible to print from TM 2006 was, "No." However, the questions and answers were at least a year old, so I thought I would ask again.

Is it possible to print from WM2006 (installed on HTC Advantage/WM 6)? Is there not a way to beam it over bluetooth, or IR? Perhaps attach a dongle? I just c/n believe that for the price of this mobile program it is not possible to print.

If the answer is still: not possible, is this being addressed in an upgrade?

Thanks

lark

Re: Printing

Postby lark » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:06 am

I was wondering if there is an answer for my question?

Thank you.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:36 am

Not with TextMaker 2006, but with TextMaker 2008.

Read this: www.softmaker.com/english/tipsppc_en.htm
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

lark

Postby lark » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:28 pm

That's great to hear. Thank you. I just purchased the 2006 Suite of programs and understand that 2008 is in beta. Two questions:

When will 2008 suite for PPCs be available? and

Do you know if I will get a free upgrade?

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 pm

The 2008 version is currently in public beta. When the final becomes available depends on the bugs reported by our users.

Yes, since you purchased after Feb 1, 2008, you are entitled to a free upgrade (by download).
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

lark

Postby lark » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:03 pm

In preparation for the new version of the mobile suite, I am trying to find a bluetooth printer, or combination of printer and card that will allow me to print directly from my HTC 7501 without a network or computer hook up.

So far, I have not found a printer or multi-function machine. Does any one know of a machine?

Thanks.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:26 pm

Your printer choice depends on whether you want to print directly from SoftMaker Office or are willing to invest in the 3rd party software Jetcet Print.

If the former, you need a PostScript printer. It should have a USB port off which you can hang a Bluetooth dongle. I suggest verifying with the store that that specific Bluetooth dongle works with that printer. Usually they do, but either you check in advance or you buy at a place with a generous return policy.

If you use Jetcet Print, check their website with which printers it's compatible. Those will then be usable with SoftMaker Office.

Using Jetcet Print is slower than the first route, as SoftMaker Office must first generate a PDF file, which then in turn is interpreted and rasterized by Jetcet Print.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

lark

Postby lark » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:40 pm

martin-k wrote:Your printer choice depends on whether you want to print directly from SoftMaker Office or are willing to invest in the 3rd party software Jetcet Print.

If the former, you need a PostScript printer. It should have a USB port off which you can hang a Bluetooth dongle. I suggest verifying with the store that that specific Bluetooth dongle works with that printer. Usually they do, but either you check in advance or you buy at a place with a generous return policy.

If you use Jetcet Print, check their website with which printers it's compatible. Those will then be usable with SoftMaker Office.

Using Jetcet Print is slower than the first route, as SoftMaker Office must first generate a PDF file, which then in turn is interpreted and rasterized by Jetcet Print.

I would prefer the faster, direct approach. Would the dongle turn any PostScript printer into one able to receive the BT signal? I was at a store, and they seemd to feel the machine must have BT built in, and that a dongle would not allow for printing without a computer.

I also called HP. The associate was pretty clueless. Suggested there was only 1 printer, which was a photo printer - not what I want.

You may not be able to do this, but could you suggest a manufacturer and/or model that integrates with SM? Again, I am looking for direct BT printing from the HTC Advantage.

BTW very excited about the upcoming release. Your software is really good.

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs”