How do I delete extraneous shortcut icons from tial version?

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

woodstock64

How do I delete extraneous shortcut icons from tial version?

Postby woodstock64 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:53 am

I initially loaded the trial version of SoftMaker Office onto my Axim x51v and then replaced it w/ a paid registered version. Unfortunately, I must have uninstalled the trial version wrong, as I have multiple shortcut icons on my Today screen and Start menu. They're listed as TextMaker & TextMaker(1). The same w/ PlanMaker. When I tap on the trial icons I get a message that the program no longer exists. Is there anyway to delete these extraneous shortcut icons after having incorrectly uninstalled the trial version from my PPC short of a hard reset? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tobias-L

Re: How do I delete extraneous shortcut icons from tial version?

Postby Tobias-L » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 am

Simply start up the File Explorer and go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and delete the icons you don't want to have anymore.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

woodstock64

Re: How do I delete extraneous shortcut icons from tial version?

Postby woodstock64 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Tobias-L,
Wow, That was fast! Sometimes the easiest solution is the least obvious. I deleted all the unused icons and renamed the icons for my registered copies from TextMaker(2) & PlanMaker(2) to TextMaker & PlanMaker. Was not a major issue but annoying just as well. Thanks for the fast response.

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs”