Hardware arrow keys do not work properly

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

skaufman

Hardware arrow keys do not work properly

Postby skaufman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi all. I am getting very confused. I added some notes to various appointments with same person. Now I am trying to consolidate them into one SoftMaker document. Yet the down arrow key, either on an external bluetooth keyboard or the internal hard keys (I have a Verizon xv6800), cause the cursor to be lost, and seem to scroll the screen several lines instead of moving down a line with each tap. This is driving me berserk. However, if I call up a keyboard grid on the screen (instead of using the hardware keys), the down arrow works perfectly on the same text document.

Any advice would be very appreciated!

Robrecht

Re: Hardware arrow keys do not work properly

Postby Robrecht » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:24 am

There's an option to change the scroll behaviour in settings. That may solve your problem.
HTC Desire HD

skaufman

Postby skaufman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:23 pm

Thanks, Robrecht, but I'm afraid I do not even see a "settings" tab or menu. I do see "preferences," but I believe that I have tried this before, and the other alternative I could choose would completely eliminate the cursor; now at least it works with the right/left hard keys.

Where is the moderator? Is there no one who can either solve this problem or implement a fix so that it does not continue?

Tobias-L

Postby Tobias-L » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:33 am

You can find the hardware keys settings Extras :arrow2: Preferences. Please change this setting to your desire. What setting did you choose and how does it work for you?
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs”