Hyphenation bug?

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

peejay

Hyphenation bug?

Postby peejay » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:29 pm

I think this is a bug - if not, you can tell me otherwise. And I think it's a bug that damages/changes files.

If I start out with a document created in Word that has no hyphenation in, and then edit it in Textmaker, it starts putting hyphens in without my telling it to. That is, the document doesn't appear the same as it does when it started out in Word.

Plus, it's not just a matter of how it appears in Textmaker. When I save it and return the document to Word, Word is now hypenating as well. So Textmaker has changed the file permanently so it includes hyphenation.

I know how to undo it - either in Word or Textmaker you can select all and then do format don't hyphenate or whatever the setting is - but it seems untidy for Textmaker to change the hyphenation setting in a document.

Tobias-L

Re: Hyphenation bug?

Postby Tobias-L » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:41 am

In Word there is an option to turn off hyphenation globally. When doing so, Word will not hyphenate a document even when the setting in the documents says "hyphenate".

TextMaker doesn't have a global option to disable hyphenation, so it always uses the paragraph settings of the document.

You can send the document to us for further inspections. Either send the file to forum(at)softmaker.de and refer to this thread (link) or attach it to your reply.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs”