Adding a Toolbar Icon

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Zoandar

Adding a Toolbar Icon

Postby Zoandar » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:16 am

Hi,

I am new to SoftMaker and am learning the ropes in TextMaker. I want to add the "Goto" icon to a custom toolbar I made. I can see the toolbar, but I have walked through the steps (tap+hold on toolbar / select Toolbar / highlight the new toolbar I made / select the Edit menu / select the Goto command/ Tap OK. ) several times with no icon being added. I finally managed to add one to the Standard toolbar, but it never showed up until hours later when I reopened Textmaker to try again after apparently being unsuccessful.

Is it necessary to shut down and restart Textmaker after this sort of change to get it to appear?

So I have the Goto icon usable on the Standard toolbar. But I still would like to know why it won't appear in the custom toolbar I made? That toolbar appears above the Standard toolbar as only half-height, and is blank.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! :?:
Zoandar

Dell Axim X51v - WM5

Tobias-L

Postby Tobias-L » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:36 am

Go to Extras :arrow2: Customize :arrow2: Toolbars, search for the icon you want to have and drag it onto the desired position of the control strip.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Zoandar

Postby Zoandar » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:24 pm

I had seen that suggestion on here last night, and tried it. I am at a loss to explain why, but after making no headway last night, today it is working just as you describe.

Thanks!

Is there also a way to remove an icon from a custom toolbar? The only way I have found so far after succeeding in creating my own is to totally delete the tool bar and then rebuild it. Since the custom toolbar doesn't appear in the toolbar list, I assume using the edit button can't be done.

SoftMaker has been unfolding into one of the best software purchases I have ever made! It takes care of a multitude of shortcomings found in the Pocket Word and Excel default apps.

Would you by chance have also tackled the atrocity that is the WM 5 alarm handler? If you can make that work as well as what I am seeing here, I'll buy it in a heartbeat! Please let me know.
Zoandar

Dell Axim X51v - WM5

Tobias-L

Postby Tobias-L » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:15 am

To remove an icon simply go to the same dialog (where you can drag icons to the control strip), but this time, simply drag the icons from the toolbar to the dialog. That's a lot easier than removing the whole toolbar. :)
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Zoandar

Postby Zoandar » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:35 am

Groovy!

It works very well!

Thanks!
Zoandar

Dell Axim X51v - WM5

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs”