Object Properties: Defaults - default properties don't save

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

daec

Object Properties: Defaults - default properties don't save

Postby daec » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:09 pm

Hello,
I use TM2006 on iPAQ hw6900 in school instead of excercise book or notebook. When there is some a bit symbolic expression on the blackboard, I want to write it as it is (for instance some lines, curves or lines of text above the main line of text). I find embedded objects pretty good for this: shapes, lines, textboxes.
However the default formatting is not suitable for this purpose. For instance wrap margins 0,29 cm are too much. I need 0,0 cm to suit to the paragraph, neighbouring text, to fit in constraints of line height. And I want also different text wrapping and other options.

The "Default..." button however doesn't set up defaults (in the Object Properties dialog).

My version: TextMaker for Pocket PCs (rev 468); registered

I love this product and this is the only thing that keeps me from writing quickly all the notes. I think that the "Default..." button would set the set up formatting as the default formatting for new such objects.

Thank You

J. Svoboda
Czech Republic
daec.wz.cz

Tobias-L

Postby Tobias-L » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:22 am

The Default button resets the settings to the default settings. This means when changing any setting, you can reset this by pressing this button.

The default settings are the initial settings when creating an object, that's right.

Didn't it work that way for you?
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

daec

"use as default"

Postby daec » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:00 pm

No, it works differently:
I draw some object. Curve for instance. With the curve selected, I tap „Curve properties“. „Object properties“ window appears. I set up the properties as I want. But I want to use it for all new such objects. So I tap „Default...“ button bellow. Window titled „ Use as default“ appears with 4 checkboxes in it. Lines are selected, okay, so I tap OK button and then OK button in Object properties window. However new default is not set. And I tried what you said. I changed object properties and then used that Default button. Object properties remained intact, didn’t reverted to defaults.

Thank you for your response.

Jakub Svoboda
daec.wz.cz

Tobias-L

Postby Tobias-L » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:15 am

You're right. We just wrote a bug report to the developers.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

daec

Postby daec » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:49 am

Thank you very much
I'm looking forward to service pack.
J. S.
daec.wz.cz

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs”