Style/endnote bugs

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

peejay

Style/endnote bugs

Postby peejay » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:19 pm

I’ve been using styles for the first time, and have found a couple of bugs. Specifically, I’ve been putting in some endnotes, and then changing the footnote style (which is applied to endnotes).

Here’s what I’ve found:
- the sentence/paragraph after inserting a footnote sometimes takes the formatting of the footnote, and sometimes the formatting from the beginning of the paragraph;
- if you change the footnote style, and then go undo, the footnotes don’t go back to the same size/vertical positioning as they were to begin with
- if you change the footnote style, it doesn’t always change all the existing footnotes, only some of them (or none of them).

I’ve got a file which I’ll send to you which demonstrates the first two of these problems. You see the first of the formatting problems straight away. When I first set up this file, you could use it to see the second of the two problems, eg by changing the font size of the footnote reference style, and then clicking undo. Now it seems to have stopped doing that, because the file seems to be showing the third problem - ie if you change the footnote reference style, none of the footnote references actually change.

I’ve also sent you a second file without any footnotes in. I think using this you should be able to replicate the second of the above problems. Insert a couple of footnotes (I’ve actually used endnotes), then change the footnote reference style (I changed the point size), and then click undo. When I do this, it doesn’t take the point size of the footnote reference back to what it was before, it seems to change the font size to the same as the surrounding text.

This is the latest version of the PPC program.

peejay

Postby peejay » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:47 pm

I've sent you a reply to your email about reproducing these bugs, and can confirm that the first of the bugs occurs in the latest Windows version, as well as the latest PPC version.

Haven't checked the other bugs, but wouldn't be at all surprised if they appear in the Windows version too.

Tobias-L

Postby Tobias-L » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:16 pm

This bug will be fixed with the next service pack.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

peejay

Postby peejay » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:21 pm

Can you tell me if this bug is fixed in the August 2007 service pack, please?

Tobias-L

Postby Tobias-L » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:45 pm

This bug was fixed in the middle of July, so it will be fixed with the latest service pack.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs”