Cut Copy Paste Keyboard Buttons

taemx

Cut Copy Paste Keyboard Buttons

Post by taemx »

Hi, I don't see a way to edit the keyboard functions for SoftMaker TextMaker. I have a keyboard with the media buttons for Cut Copy and Paste. It also has volume buttons, calculator, and many more. All of the buttons work in Linux. With TextMaker, all of the buttons work EXCEPT Cut Copy and Paste. Any ideas how to fix this?
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Re: Cut Copy Paste Keyboard Buttons

Post by Michael Uplawski »

taemx wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:38 am Hi, I don't see a way to edit the keyboard functions for SoftMaker TextMaker. I have a keyboard with the media buttons for Cut Copy and Paste. It also has volume buttons, calculator, and many more. All of the buttons work in Linux. With TextMaker, all of the buttons work EXCEPT Cut Copy and Paste. Any ideas how to fix this?
If this is a feature request to support additional keyboard-buttons, I am supporting it.

As regards the standard functions Cut/Copy/Paste, I am afraid, you have to live with the fact that your usual buttons are not yet supported. On the other hand, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V have been in wide use on different systems and will be the defaults on most of the other computers that you may have to use occasionally.

The situation will be unsatisfactory either way. But SoftMaker should take into account the additional keys that have been available for a long time, already.

Edits: Kraut2English
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.
taemx

Post by taemx »

Indeed. These are the media buttons to which I refer, pretty standard on all modern keyboards nowadays;

Note the cut /copy/paste buttons. As I said, so far every Linux program I've used utalizes all of those media buttons, except LibreOffice and SoftMaker, ironically the only programs I actually need those buttons to work with!
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Post by Michael Uplawski »

taemx wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:19 amThese are the media buttons to which I refer, pretty standard on all modern keyboards nowadays;
The picture is too small to discern keys.
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.
taemx

Post by taemx »

They are just typical cut / copy / paste buttons that you find on most modern office keyboards, you know, the type of keyboards designed specifically for word processing, processing using programs such as MS Office, LibreOffice, and of course SoftMaker. I can provide additional pictures of other keyboards with those buttons; just search "office keyboard" in Google images to see hundreds of different style by a plethora of different manufacturers.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Linux”