Thunderbird Extensions

stustones

Thunderbird Extensions

Post by stustones »

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the trial of Office 2018 for Linux - so far it's impressed me with MS Office compatibility, as well as the look-and-feel, so all good there. My question though relates to Thunderbird - the SoftMaker website advertises the Extensions for Thunderbird, including MS Exchange compatibility - which is a feature I'd really like to try...

http://www.softmaker.com/en/softmaker-o ... hunderbird

... however the extensions don't seem to be part of the trial, only the "normal" Thunderbird is installed on my Linux machine, no SoftMaker extensions. Do I have to download these separately? or do I only get them after purchasing the product (ie not in trial?).

Many thanks,
S.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Thunderbird Extensions

Post by sven-l »

The Thunderbird extensions are also included in the trial version but not installed by default. In /home/SoftMaker, you will find a readme file with an installation instruction.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
stustones

Post by stustones »

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your reply! I've installed the SoftMaker Enhanced UI and Messaging Menu (Theme), but when adding my Exchange account, I still only get the options for IMAP and POP3.

How can I add an Exchange account? Or have I missed something obvious?

Cheers,
S.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Thunderbird does not support Exchange accounts by default but there are Add-ons available:
https://support.mozilla.org/de/questions/1176527
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
joedanmark

Post by joedanmark »

Just a note - According to the Readme for the linux installation step 3 , It states 3. "In the add-on manager, click on the Gear icon near the top right of the window and choose the command "Install add-on from file".
The "gear is located under "extensions" and from there you can access the "Add from file". Ubuntu 18.04 Thunderbird 60.2.1.
Great Job with the add on though.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”