Formula's - Can we choose cels by highlighting (like in excel)?

clifford949

Formula's - Can we choose cels by highlighting (like in excel)?

Post by clifford949 »

Here is how I made a formula in MS Excel;
1. Click in the cel I want the answer to appear.
2. Depress Formula Icon, choose either Sum or Average.
3. Use mouse to highlight the cels I want to use in the formula.
So easy

What's happening to me in Plan Maker (free);
1. I have no choice where answer goes. It decides for me which cels to include, usually by which ones are vertically closest.
So if I have a grid of numbers and want the sum underneath I can't sum/average a row.
2. We don't seem to have the functionality of highlighting the desired cels with our mouse (bummer)?
3. I have a work around that is better than nothing but only helps in some cases. Highlight cels first, ending where you desire the answer. Then click the formula icon. This isn't workable all the time though as when I am trying to get an answer in the column next to the one I'm trying to add.
4. The only way to get what I want, where I want is to depress Formula and manually type in cel location.

If I have to manually enter cel location to be able to have my answer where I want it instead of where the software thinks it should go I will be finding a replacement real soon. I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong. What do you'all think. How can I replicate Excels formula capability (without using Excel). :?: :(

Thanks

~Clifford
clifford949

Re: Formula's - Can we choose cels by highlighting (like in excel)?

Post by clifford949 »

To anyone interested the answer was provided in the Planmaker 2016 forum. I placed it here first then found that forum (with bigger participation) after.

Quick Summary;
There is an answer but lotsa keystrokes compared with other software that allows this functionality with the the formula icon.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Formula's - Can we choose cels by highlighting (like in excel)?

Post by martin-k »

See my reply there.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”