Possible to change TM menu fonts?

Help for TextMaker 2002 for Linux and FreeBSD

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

dhave

Possible to change TM menu fonts?

Post by dhave » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:52 pm

I like TextMaker pretty well -- well enough that I bought a license. I especially like that it loads quickly on my ageing machine.

One question, though: is it possible to change the fonts of the interface? The menus, for example, look a little thin and wimpy to me. I'd like to use a different font for the menus if I could

I'll be waiting to hear.

Regardless, thanks for your work on TextMaker for Linux.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:24 pm

You can add the lines DlgFont=bla and DlgFontSize=bla to your TextMaker .ini file, but you should choose especially DlgFontSize within reason. The larger you make the dialog font, the more problems you'll get with other dialog controls that don't scale along.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

dhave

Post by dhave » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:15 pm

martin-k wrote:You can add the lines DlgFont=bla and DlgFontSize=bla to your TextMaker .ini file, but you should choose especially DlgFontSize within reason. The larger you make the dialog font, the more problems you'll get with other dialog controls that don't scale along.
That's a good suggestion. I tried it, and it does help with the dialog box fonts and certain other interface fonts. Is there a similar way to change the font of the menu titles and menu options -- I'm speaking of the menu titles that are displayed on the menu bar (File, Edit, View, Format, etc.)?

Thanks again for the help.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:21 pm

dhave wrote:
martin-k wrote:You can add the lines DlgFont=bla and DlgFontSize=bla to your TextMaker .ini file, but you should choose especially DlgFontSize within reason. The larger you make the dialog font, the more problems you'll get with other dialog controls that don't scale along.
That's a good suggestion. I tried it, and it does help with the dialog box fonts and certain other interface fonts. Is there a similar way to change the font of the menu titles and menu options -- I'm speaking of the menu titles that are displayed on the menu bar (File, Edit, View, Format, etc.)?

Thanks again for the help.
No, they are fixed in this version. We are thinking about enhancements in new releases, though.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2002 for Linux and FreeBSD”