Overview Menu and Keyboard Shortcuts - HELP

PaganNightmare

Overview Menu and Keyboard Shortcuts - HELP

Post by PaganNightmare »

Hi, I'm trying to create a Table of Contents on the FreeMaker version of the Text document software. For some reason, I cannot (in ribbon or classic mode) find the "Overview" view in the "view" menu despite this being where both the user manual and help software suggest it should be. Can you help me find this, please?

I'm also looking for the keyboard mapping settings, which WAS in the tools menu and has (since this update, as far as I can tell) mysteriously disappeared... Can you tell me where I can find this so that I can rebind keys to my usual preference?

Thank you.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Overview Menu and Keyboard Shortcuts - HELP

Post by Jossi »

As far as I know, there is no "Overview" viewing mode in TextMaker. Are you talking about View > Outline?

Keyboard shortcuts are now available in Tools > Customise..., below the left column.
PaganNightmare

Post by PaganNightmare »

Outline! Yes, my apologies.

And I cannot find that, can you show me a screenshot?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

PaganNightmare wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:21 pm And I cannot find that, can you show me a screenshot?
Oh yes, this one is quite well hidden in FreeOffice...
Go to View > Toolbars..., then click "Customise..." (it doesn't matter which toolbar is selected). In the dialogue box which opens now, click "Shortcut keys" below the left field. Then select a command in the left field and define a shortcut.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”