Auto Repeat Fields

HD4238373

Auto Repeat Fields

Post by HD4238373 »

In Microsoft Word, there is an option where we insert repeated (equal) fields in several places of a document's tab, so that where there is an edit it is automatically applied in the other fields, without having to repeat the same thing! Does not TextMaker 2018 have this option? :| :( :?
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Auto Repeat Fields

Post by sven-l »

There is no such function in TextMaker yet. I will refer your suggestion to the product management.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
jimjutte
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by jimjutte »

Just out of curiosity. Is this the sort of field in which you might want a person's name several times throughout a contract? Just trying to understand the application for my own purposes.

Thanks
Cheers
Jim
HD4238373

Post by HD4238373 »

sven-l wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:47 am There is no such function in TextMaker yet. I will refer your suggestion to the product management.
Thanks for the information and support will be of great help!

But is there any possibility of this function also being applied to the lists of items we created in the TextMaker document?

Example:

I create a certain file where I will have a shopping list, where I will have to have the first and the second document path with the same data selected from the list of items I created, this drop-down list, so whenever I choose one of the options, in the next list of the next field determined by us? It would be very useful! :)

I'm grateful now!
HD4238373

Post by HD4238373 »

jimjutte wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:45 pm Just out of curiosity. Is this the sort of field in which you might want a person's name several times throughout a contract? Just trying to understand the application for my own purposes.

Thanks
That would be something like that! TextMaker has a similar function, but it is not functional at all, just in a single text pattern, and this reduces the possibilities of creating the document and records tokens! :(
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

I'm still not quite sure what exactly you need. In the attached document there are two possible examples.

Example 1 is a shopping list where the same dropdown lists are used repeatedly (just copy & paste a list as often as needed). From each list items can be selected independently.

Example 2 is a document where the same name and form of address is used several times. This can be achieved by inserting calculations (Insert > Calculation...). At the first occurence the name "Merkel" is inserted by a calculation "NAME="Merkel". To repeat this further in the text, just go to Insert > Calculation... again (or click the fx icon), then double-click "NAME" in the list of items to insert it into the text. The same may be done with a dropdown list like Mr/Mrs/Ms. When you repeat this, you must add ".text" to the name of the list to show the content (otherwise only a number will be visible in the text). When you change "Ms." to "Mrs." in the first place, all occurences in the text will change automatically. To do the same with the name, go to the first occurence in the text, right-click the name, choose "Edit calculation" from the context menu and change the name in the calculation, e.g. from "Merkel" to "May". All further occurences will change accordingly.
Attachments
Repeated fields.tmdx
(8.84 KiB) Downloaded 609 times

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”