Some Table Formatting Attributes are Forgotten

RKanarek

Some Table Formatting Attributes are Forgotten

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

Using TextMaker 2018, revision 923, .TMDX format, I set the rows of a table to “Keep together with next row” and the cells to a size based upon the percentage of the line width. The changes were implemented properly. After the file was saved, closed, and then reopened, however, the rows lost their “Keep together with next row” attribute and the cell widths were reported as “fixed” widths in inches, rather than as percentages. (Note that the widths were still the same size, just reported differently.)

These are the second and third instances I’ve thus far noticed of TextMaker’s new forgetfulness; perhaps there is a root problem somewhere than needs attention?

Kindest Regards,
Richard Kanarek
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Some Table Formatting Attributes are Forgotten

Post by sven-l »

I can see the issue here and will report it to the developers. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

No, thank you!
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Addendum:

Two further (extremely) new discoveries:
1. It seems that "New Drawing," "Rounded Rectangle" (the only "New Drawing" object I currently use) forgets its "Transparency" property -- and possibly other properties too -- after a file is saved in .TMDX format and then reopened.
2. Based upon my extremely limited testing, TextMaker 2018 doesn't seem forgetful when saving then opening documents as TextMaker 2016 .TMD files.

If there is a reason why TextMaker 2018 shouldn't be configured to save files as TextMaker 2016 .TMD files, do warn me -- as I hope TextMaker 2018 will! Otherwise, while I wait for you fine folks to fix TextMaker's multiple .TMDX related issues (forgetfulness), I think I'll set it to use the .TMD format as a default.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

P.S. Of course, I could set TextMaker 2018 to use Word's file format by default, but if I wanted a word processor that used Microsoft Word format ... ;-)
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

Just a bit of additional information in case it helps anyone.

In my previous post, I wrote the following:
“If there is a reason why TextMaker 2018 shouldn't be configured to save files as TextMaker 2016 .TMD files, do warn me -- as I hope TextMaker 2018 will!”

I wrote the above because I was worried about loosing formatting/etc. by saving TextMaker 2018 generated files in 2016 format. What I should have been worried about is the problem I reported back on March 30, 2018:
“Some TextMaker 2016 TMD Documents Crash TextMaker 2018, rev. 928.0314”
viewtopic.php?f=299&t=17674

I can confirm that TextMaker 2018 still can’t reliably open TMD files ‒ not even ones it creates itself. Sometime it will, sometimes it will crash while opening them, sometimes it will crash while closing TextMaker 2018 ‒ it really keeps one on one’s toes. Pity that’s not really where I wanted to be. Off to find my copy of TextMaker 2016.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

RKanarek wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:19 am I can confirm that TextMaker 2018 still can’t reliably open TMD files ‒ not even ones it creates itself. Sometime it will, sometimes it will crash while opening them, sometimes it will crash while closing TextMaker 2018 ‒ it really keeps one on one’s toes. Pity that’s not really where I wanted to be. Off to find my copy of TextMaker 2016.
If you have files that reliable crash TextMaker 2018 on every start, then please send them to forum(at)softmaker.com, so that we can fix the crashes.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Dear Mr. Leßmann,

I sent a small TMD file to the e-mail address you previously supplied. It seems pretty good at crashing TM 2018. Try opening and closing it a few times and let me know of your results.

I have one other file (that I know of) that seems to reliably crash TM 2018. It is at least 20 times as large as the one I sent, so I’ll save that one in reserve.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”