Does a new setting made under Options override the settings of the default template when creating subsequent documents?

ecbritz

Does a new setting made under Options override the settings of the default template when creating subsequent documents?

Post by ecbritz »

I notice that when I change a setting under Options, it (the new Options setting) remains active after I exit Textmaker, then restart Textmaker, and then create a new document applying the default template. The changed Options setting seems to rule over all new documents, regardless of how the default template was set up.

For instance, when I set up my default template, I left the box at Options > Edit > Capitalize first letter of sentences unchecked. The first letter of sentences NOT to be capitalized automatically. However, if I check the box at Options > Edit > Capitalize first letter -- confirming that the first letter must be capitalized -- this setting remains active in subsequent Textmaker sessions. It is as if I had saved capitalization as an adjustment to my default template.

Have I misunderstood the reach of my default template? Are the settings (or some settings) in my default template permanently overruled if I change a setting under Options? Or are there perhaps two sets of "default settings" at work when you start a new document, namely (a) the settings (such as page size) saved in your default template and (b) the Options settings as they were when you last made changes to them?
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Does a new setting made under Options override the settings of the default template when creating subsequent documen

Post by martin-k »

Everything in the Options dialog is global, not related to templates.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
ecbritz

Re: Does a new setting made under Options override the settings of the default template when creating subsequent documen

Post by ecbritz »

Thanks! I have been laboring under the misunderstanding that some settings under Options could be incorporated into the default template, e.g. a certain language could be selected as the initial or primary language when the default template is applied. But now the scales have fallen from my eyes and I can see. :oops: #-o
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”