TextMaker Imperfections

RKanarek

TextMaker Imperfections

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

I would prefer it if TextMaker were perfect, rather than just very good. For this reason I’ve decided to finally report some bugs I’ve found, both new and old. So as to avoid littering the forum, I thought I’d put them all in this thread ‒ unless anyone has a better idea.

The first bug:
Using Format -> Chapter, one can manually set a chapter’s number, but the setting isn’t saved. See the attached file and photos for an example.

Kindest regards,
Richard Kanarek

[attachment=2]Chapter 3 set to 27, then the file was saved.png[/attachment][attachment=1]Chapter 3 settings were forgotten after reopening.png[/attachment]

Bonus: This forum considers the words SoftMaker and TextMaker to be spelling errors. If you have the capability, you might wish to add the names of SoftMaker's products to this forum's dictionary. ;-)
Attachments
Chapter Numbering Problem.tmdx
(19.94 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
The file was saved, then reopened. Notice that chapter 3 is back to being chapter 3.
The file was saved, then reopened. Notice that chapter 3 is back to being chapter 3.
Here is a screen capture of the attached .TMDX file's chapter 3 being changed to chapter 27.
Here is a screen capture of the attached .TMDX file's chapter 3 being changed to chapter 27.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: TextMaker Imperfections

Post by Jossi »

RKanarek wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:51 pmSo as to avoid littering the forum, I thought I’d put them all in this thread ‒ unless anyone has a better idea.
Please start a new thread for every single issue. Even if this may look like littering the forum, it helps enormously to keep things sorted. Thank you!
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

RKanarek wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:51 pm Using Format -> Chapter, one can manually set a chapter’s number, but the setting isn’t saved. See the attached file and photos for an example.

Kindest regards,
Richard Kanarek

Chapter 3 set to 27, then the file was saved.pngChapter 3 settings were forgotten after reopening.png
I can reproduce the issue with your sample file and will inform the developers. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Gentlemen,

Just a short note to say thanks for the feedback.

Cordially,
Richard

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”