R-click to change font characteristics

MSOFF

R-click to change font characteristics

Post by MSOFF »

How about being able to R-click to change font characteristics ? for example, select a word to change its colour.

That is a very common action. The example in the attachment is from MS Word ...

If it can be done in Textmaker 2018 now, please let me know how. If it can't please add it to the list of suggestions.
Attachments
Font.jpg
MSOFF :?
Robin Holt

Re: R-click to change font characteristics

Post by Robin Holt »

The capability already exists in Textmaker (and has for the last few releases I know of) but it's slightly different from Word. After your right-click, select "Character" from the pop-up and that brings another pop-up that allows access to most any font characteristic you might want.
MSOFF

Post by MSOFF »

Thanks Robin
That's not slightly different, that's completely different :)

I have seen it and tried it, but that's no good for anyone busy ...

The reason Word has what it has is that it is a very common requirement and it's far more efficient than the Textmaker alternative.
In fact, in Textmaker, to change the font colour it would be quicker to just move the mouse to the toolbar.

Oh well, I guess you can't please all the people all of the time ...
ecbritz

Post by ecbritz »

You don't have to right-click to change text characteristics. Select the characters you want to change and then click on the applicable button(s) on the Formatting Toolbar. You can change the font, font size, colour, highlight colour, bold, italics, underline etc. -- all of these together if you wish -- in a wink. This is such a basic operation that I might be misunderstanding your problem.
Attachments
Format Character.jpg
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
MSOFF

Post by MSOFF »

@ecbritz
You do understand, but not completely. My point is doing what is more efficient. If I had endless time and nothing else to do, then the Softmaker way might be fine. When people are busy, the functions that are used often need to be more readily available as it is more efficient.

Having used MS Office for many years I've become used to finding a more efficient way of whatever I wanted to do. That's it. However, I don't want to pay for MS Office any more so it's a matter of finding a suitable alternative for home without going too far backwards.

All in all, softmaker is a nice piece of software.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

You are used to change font characteristics via the right-click (context) menu and want to have this feature in TextMaker, too. This is understandable and a legitimate wish.
But, as ecbritz already pointed out, this way is not more efficient than the TextMaker way. It's
select text - right-click - click menu item
vs.
select text - click menu item in toolbar in TextMaker.
So in fact, you need one mouse click more. It's only a matter of habit.
MSOFF

Post by MSOFF »

@Jossi
It's not for you to decide what is more efficient for me ...

A single r-click then instantly select the colour is what I was looking for.

In fact, I have now uninstalled the software.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

A feature similar to this is already on the wishlist. It is unfortunate that you chose to abandon the software because of one feature that isn't implemented the way you like.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”