Useability

woodworker will

Useability

Post by woodworker will »

=D> I've got to say that Textmaker 2018 is a huge improvement. It is pleasant to use. I'm glad that you added the ribbon environment although I'm a menus fan myself. The interface is colorful and customizable. I was never able to work in the MS Word 2013 environment with its stark whiteness. This is a very good program and pretty stable.
I used to put out book-like publications with publishing programs. I decided to put together my current class book with Textmaker. Here are some observations:
  • eventually you might want to expand the photo editing module to include things like mesh warp and other image adjustments.
  • To be a truly comfortable work environment, the picture adjustments should have their own larger image window. The current one is just too small.
I'm still getting used to using a word processor for a book, but it's coming along just fine. I'll let you know if there are any stability issues.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Useability

Post by Jossi »

Earlier I used to work with QuarkXPress and sometimes with InDesign. My experience is: If you are not in the printing industry or doing really high-class typographical work, you are just fine with TextMaker for all your needs.
woodworker will

Post by woodworker will »

I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was a picture toolbar. It is at the bottom just above the status bar. Very handy. Thanks.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

You may also want to explore the options in object properties of pictures. There is a lot you can do with pictures in TextMaker, especially if you insert them as object frames, not as embedded objects.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”