Password protection of files, saving files

ChrisH

Password protection of files, saving files

Post by ChrisH »

I have a Textmaker file which is password protected. When I type in the password, it simply shows the blank dialogue box again, retype the password and it opens the file. This happens every time - it is not an error when typing in the password!
Also, randomly, when saving a file occasionally an error message pops up making it impossible to save the file under the existing name; 'save as' it under a differnet name and it saves correctly.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Password protection of files, saving files

Post by sven-l »

Could you please provide a sample file (with password), so that we can check this and solve the problem? If possible, please send a sample file to forum(at)softmaker.com. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
ChrisH

Post by ChrisH »

I have created a file and set the protection to open with a password. When I open it, it asks for the password, then shows the blank password box again when I press OK, I retype the password and it opens.
Password: ChrisHovey
Attachments
test file.doc
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 1031 times
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

This also happens in MS Word. It seems you used the same password for both, opening the file and write protection. You can e.g. enter the password only in the first dialog to open the file but leave it out in the second dialog and have the file open write protected. Usually one should use different passwords for just open the document (read access) and enabling write access.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”