Where do I find the Textmaker association setting in the Default Programs control panel? (SOLVED)

ecbritz

Where do I find the Textmaker association setting in the Default Programs control panel? (SOLVED)

Post by ecbritz »

With File > Send, Textmaker can send a file by email. When I try to send a file with Textmaker 2018, I get the message that "... if one (i.e. an email client) is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel". (Please see the attached screenshot.)

How do I "create an association in the Default Programs control panel"? Where do I find the control panel and the association setting referred to?

Please note:

I do not use Thunderbird and prefer to use the Windows 10 Mail app. I have a Gmail address. Under "Default Apps" in Windows 10, I have selected Windows 10 Mail as the default app for email.

Under these conditions, how do I "create an association in the Default Programs control panel"?

Is it perhaps impossible to use the File > Send function in Textmaker 2018 in conjunction with the Windows 10 Mail app?

If the File > Send function cannot be used without installing Thunderbird, I do not really mind, I can do without. But I would like to know if the File > Send function can be used in conjunction Windows 10 Mail. And if, how. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Attachments
Default Programs Control Panel.JPG
Last edited by ecbritz on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
ecbritz

Post by ecbritz »

I got an answer from a Softmaker support email sent to me. It is not possible to send email through Softmaker Office 2018 using Windows 10 Mail. You cannot associate Textmaker with the Windows 10 Mail App. You have to install and use a Thunderbird or Outlook email client.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”