Hyperlink missing from file

hwl.gmx

Hyperlink missing from file

Post by hwl.gmx »

Hyperlinks created using other office suite disappears when opened with Textmaker.
Attached a file example.
Attachments
Hyperlink error.docx
(10.92 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
hwl.gmx

Re: Hyperlink missing from file

Post by hwl.gmx »

To avoid confusion, please try to open the attached file in the previous post using other Office suite (Word or WPS).
Using the two apps you can see the three hyperlinks, after that use Textmaker to open the file..bam, hyperlink gone!
ecbritz

Post by ecbritz »

I confirm what you allege. The hyperlinks are shown by WordPerfect X8 and by Textmaker 2016. But not by Textmaker 2018. This seems like a serious bug that should be reported to Softmaker immediately. I advise that you write an email to support@softmaker.de . Simultaneously, file a report at http://www.softmaker.com/en/feedback . The company will want to fix this, your report should be highly appreciated.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

The support people check the forums continuously, so if a bug was reported here it is not necessary to send an additional email (unless further questions arise and you are explicitly asked to).
ecbritz

Post by ecbritz »

I appreciate and believe what you say and I have absolute trust in the company and the product. I love the integrity and spirit of the Softmaker company. And I realize they are kept very busy due to the new release. But please note that this bug report was first posted more than two weeks ago, on 14th November, and repeated on 20th November. It got 115 views when I last looked, and proved to be a valid complaint if someone with a trial version of Softmaker 2018 tried it out. Yet the posting received virtually no response at all, creating the impression that it was ignored or dismissed. Perhaps a short standard response such as "Thanks, will be seen to in program update" will fix this impression.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

I agree. In this case, I attribute it to the fact that the people at SoftMaker seem to be at their absolute limit presently due to the release of SMO 2018 for Windows and the running betas of SMO 2018 for Mac and Linux.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

I will refer this issue to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

This issue has been solved and will not occur anymore with the next service pack.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”