Mixed Language in 2018 IInstall

georgeschulze

Mixed Language in 2018 IInstall

Post by georgeschulze »

I installed Softmaker Office 2018 for Windows yesterday and all was fine. However today when I starte
2018-06-22 08_09_40-SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General) - SoftMaker.com.jpg
d Text Maker I had German and English on my screen.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem persists.
I have attached a screen image of the mixed language screen.

george schulze
george.schulze@gmail.com
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Mixed Language in 2018 IInstall

Post by Jossi »

I see only German in your screenshot. The field "English (USA)" refers to the document (text) language, not to the language of the user interface. To change the UI language to English, go to Tools > Options..., tab "Appearance", and change the dialog language there.
georgeschulze

Re: Mixed Language in 2018 IInstall

Post by georgeschulze »

I should have been clearer.
When I installed 2018 the 1st time it was correct, it was in English not German. Somewhere along the way after the first start of 2018 the language changed to include German, Arabic and English. I have the 2016 version installed as well as that may be a problem...not sure. I noticed that the install file in settings had German, Arabic and English specified.
[Install2016]
DefaultDocumentPath=C:\Users\George\Documents\SoftMaker\
en=Installed
[Install2018]
DefaultDocumentPath=C:\Users\George\Documents\SoftMaker\
en=Installed
ar=Installed
de=Installed

Anyway I have deinstalled 2018 and removed all the 2018 files in APPDATA, and then reinstalled.
It now seems to be working fine, just English language. I also applied the update rev 933 and all is well.
Hope this has been resolved.
I am uncertain as to what happened after the 1st install but I will open another ticket if this persists.

Thanks for your quick response.

george

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”