Service pack

Jon Polish

Service pack

Post by Jon Polish »

I have to use the portable version because of restrictions at work. When manually checking for updates I am alerted to a new service pack. I click download and get the following message. "No valid products found. Please repair the installation."

Previously we could go to the SoftMaker website, download and apply the service packs. Is there any way to obtain these directly as before?

Thank you.

Jon
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Service pack

Post by martin-k »

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
werkni

Post by werkni »

Wondering if the SP will also update Ashampoo Office 2018........since Softmaker is the brains behind the Ashampoo version.....
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

You need to ask Ashampoo for updates. We only support SoftMaker Office.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Jon Polish

Post by Jon Polish »

Thank you very much Martin.

Jon
werkni

Post by werkni »

martin-k wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:44 am You need to ask Ashampoo for updates. We only support SoftMaker Office.
Thanks Martin

I went ahead and took the plunge, purchased Softmaker 2018 last night......

Still, have the same problem with both Ashampoo and Softmaker with opening up xls docs that I download from Harley Davidson......

The docs that PlanMaker will not open correctly open just fine with several other excel alternative software.......on my test system I have MS Excel 2010 along with Softmaker and if I open the downloaded file in Excel first and then save it from that point on PlanMaker will work with the docs..........
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

werkni wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:14 pm
martin-k wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:44 am You need to ask Ashampoo for updates. We only support SoftMaker Office.
Thanks Martin

I went ahead and took the plunge, purchased Softmaker 2018 last night......

Still, have the same problem with both Ashampoo and Softmaker with opening up xls docs that I download from Harley Davidson......

The docs that PlanMaker will not open correctly open just fine with several other excel alternative software.......on my test system I have MS Excel 2010 along with Softmaker and if I open the downloaded file in Excel first and then save it from that point on PlanMaker will work with the docs..........
Could you please attach a sample file or send one to forum(at)softmaker.com referring to this thread? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Jon Polish

Post by Jon Polish »

Tried using the service pack to update the portable "install." It worked with 2016, but I cannot get it to update 2018. Can you please advise me on how to do this?

Thank you.

Jon
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

At this time, the service pack only updates installed versions. This is in the process of being improved.

In the meantime, update your local install, then run our USB stick creation tool usbstick.exe again to update the USB drive.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
werkni

Post by werkni »

[/quote]

Could you please attach a sample file or send one to forum(at)softmaker.com referring to this thread? Thank you!
[/quote]

Hi Sven Leßmann

I posted with screenshot examples of my problem in the PlanMaker sub-forum.........

The file I am working with is personal information which has to remain private so I cannot send the file to you........

As I say in the PlanMaker forum I am using the workaround by using Google Docs to open the file then saving it so PlanMaker can open the subject document......the spreadsheet software from Libre, Open-Office, and others all work fine.....only Softmaker and Ashampoo (which are both yours) fail to open these files.....

Thanks for your interest in this matter, I do not want to have to use other office suits, SoftMaker and Ashampoo have always served me very nicely for years....

Kip

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”